Wednesday 27 July 2011

Smaller than you - who knew

The  song I am using for my music video fits into both the genres ska and indie. Musically the key characteristics  of the indie genre was jangling guitars, a love of sixties pop and often fey, innocent lyrics.These are the lyrics to the song I am using in my music video and the demonstrate the innocent lyrics of the indie genre. However, the upbeat rhythm of the song and elements of American jazz also give the song characteristics of the ska genre. I chose this song because I like the genre of music and also because I like the song as it is upbeat and cheerful. However, in the music video I don't want to link the narrative with the lyrics.


It was very easy to see when you were looking around at me,
A face of despair,
A dream of prosperity,
But things started to change,
A decision was made,
About what you wanna do,
Who knew!
About all the troubles and hassles of life,
Run away from it all,
Run away from the light,
You can't deal with these problems later on in your life.


All the things that you said,
All the things that you've done,
Have only set in upon the minds of the young,
Actions have conscience as some may say,
And they're coming for me not you,
Who knew!
About all the troubles and hassle of life,
Run away from it all,
Run away from the light,
I can't deal with these problems later on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment