Tuesday 1 November 2011

Story board

This is my first couple of sequences. As it was  very hard to find someone to mime the song, I decided that I would put in instruments for the performance part of my music video. I have decised on three key instruments, drums, guitar and the instrument that will help define the ska genre the trumpet. I have decided to have them playing on a beach and chose a variety of shots that represent the calmness and the care free side to my music video.


To acknowledge what is happening in my video I decided to start by showing a couple in love on the beach, also representing the calm environment that these two people are in. It gives the audience knowledge that these two are a couple which will help with understanding the rest of the music video. The girl running down the beach also creates a sense of young people being care free. She doesn't mind what she looks like because she is happy. She doesn't care that she is being judged.




During my video, the couple have a fight and break up. I decided to use this idea because it shows that young people do have problems, which links to the lyrics, but it shows that they can get through them. It also references a lot of other music videos. I have decided to shoot this in a dark enclosed room causing a sense of chaos. This contrasts with the wide open space of the beach.







The last few scenes show the couple making up and getting back together. It is then shot outside, this also contrasts with the enclosed room as it is open and calm. There is also no body other than the couple in the shot which also creates a sense of young people being care free and they are laughing. They are happy with who they are which is what my video is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Is this a new sequence Charlotte? Some of the slides are difficult to read because they are shot at an angle. You need to add commentary especially on more abstract sheets to describe what is going on and what effects you are trying to create.

    ReplyDelete